IC62_22 INNOVATION MANAGER FOR THE “SUCCINATE-SUCNR1 AXIS, A CENTRAL BUT UNEXPLOITED TARGET FOR OBESITY-RELATED DISORDERS” PROJECT.
Descripció del treball
The Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Diseases Research Group (DIAMET) is a multidisciplinary and dynamic research group focused on the study of metabolic disorders associated with diabetes mellitus morbidity and obesity. The research group is led by Dr. Sonia Fernandez-Veledo and Dr. Joan Vendrell and is comprised of clinical and basic researchers, technicians and administrative support staff.
The succinate-SUCNR1 axis is a molecular target that is receiving increasing interest from Pharma companies. Succinate is at the cross-road of several metabolic pathways and plays a wide range of immune-regulatory roles that are very relevant in obesity and its associated comorbidities. Previous attempts in targeting this pathway have failed.
DIAMET research team is an expert in the succinate-SUCNR1 axis. It is a truly translational research team focused on DIAbetes and METabolic diseases and with the ability to execute in vitro, in vivo, and human studies. The ultimate aim of DIAMET is to identify novel therapeutic tools that can be transferred to society and, accordingly, the team has several projects ongoing with strong innovation potential.
This project aims to execute appropriate, intensive, and dedicated innovation activities to transform DIAMET knowledge into novel treatments and tools for patients with obesity-related disorders.
The Innovation Manager will be in charge of the intellectual property strategy, market studies, valuation, and contact with potential clients (Pharma companies) to increase its transferability potential and commercial value and, ultimately, get them transferred.
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Intellectual Property Management
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies and drug development roadmaps
- Valuation and Business opportunity studies
- Funding and Business Activities
- Benchmarking and evaluation of Target product Profiles
- Graduate university formation (diplomature or degree), in some life science discipline (Medicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Biology or similar)
- Complementary training relatin to the area of innovation or similar, and in the area of transfer in particular.
- Doctorate in some discipline of Life Sciences
- Master or post-graduate in innovation, transfer, entrepreneurial or similar
- Competency and experience in patent management
- Demostrable minimum 3-year experience in innovation
- Excellents skills in technology transfer
- Level of oran and written expression of English (minimum level C1 or similar creditable)
- Office Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Basic knowledge in economics and finance, in the use of business management tools, in the legal and regulatory framework, as well as other knowledge and techniques related to the field of business management.
- Experience in the management of innovation and the transfer of technology and/or knowledge to the private sector.
- Participation in incubation programs or acceleration of start-up companies and previous experience in company management or business units.
- Creative skills, innovation and team leadershipExperiència prèvia en projectes similars i específicament en la gestió de projectes innovadors en l’ambit sanitari.
- Enabled for personal relations.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Committed to quality, resource optimization and achievement of results.
- Notions about existing patient law.
- Selection of CV’s: Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase
- Evaluation of the CV: Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter: Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimun score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the currículum and cover letter.
- Personal interview. With a màximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Sonia Fernández Veledo. (Principal investigator)
- Chair 1: Joan Vendrell Ortega. (Principal investigator)
- Chair 2: Victoria Ceperuelo. (Principal investigator)
- President: Ana Megía. (Principal investigator)
- Chair 1: Lída Cedó. (Principal investigator)
- Chair 2: Mar Rodríguez Peña. (Principal investigator)
For any qüestions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT 11/11/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or ecluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Hospital Universitari Joan XIII de Tarragona
- Contracte: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities (18 months, project linked to the duration of the project)
- Gross anual salary: 34.074,34€
- Starting date: December 2022