IC73_22 METABOLOMIC DATA ANALYST FOR THE IISPV METABOLOMICS PLATFORM (PERIOD EXTENDED)
Descripció del treball
Researcher career profile (R2)
The Metabolomics Platform is a joint research facility created by URV and CIBERDEM in 2008. It also partners with the IISPV, a major medical research organization that undertakes numerous research initiatives in the country. The main goal of the Metabolomics Platform is to offer metabolomic services to the biomedical and clinical research groups from CIBERDEM, IISPV and URV.
The aim of the work is the processing of mass spectrometry spectra, the statistical and multivariate analysis of metabolomic data from GC-MS, LC-MS and/or NMR platforms as well as the identification of compounds using computational tools and databases.
Number of available positions: 1
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Processing of LC-M S and GC-MS spectra
- Statistical and multivariate analysis of metabolomics datasets
- Integration of metabolomic data with other omics
- Identification of metabolites through software tools and databases
- R and Python programming of metabolite analysis and identification algorithms
- Preparation of results reports
- Collaboration in the publication of scientific articles and research projects
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering or similar
- The researcher must have a Doctorate degree (PhD) in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering or similar
- Additional training related to the field of metabolomics, data analysis, omics integration, etc. will be valorated.
- Mastery of the R and Python programming languages.
- Experience using metabolomic software, both commercial and free and open source.
- Experience in the development of code and packages for metabolomics data processing based on LC-MS, GC-MS and/or NMR.
- Knowledge of LC-MS, GC-MS and NMR techniques.
- Experience in the treatment of other omics data, mainly proteomic
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Foreing languages
- Experience in writing articles.
- International experience
- Knowledge of the Unix operating system and use of APIs
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Xavier Correig (Metabolomics Platform director)
- Chair 1: Òscar Yanes (Metabolomics Platform scientific coordinator)
- Chair 2: Maria Vinaixa (senior researcher)
- President: Jesús Brezmes (senior researcher)
- Chair 1: Pere Ràfols (senior researcher)
- Chair 2: Noelia Ramírez. (senior researcher)
- The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website. (https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic73_22-metabolomic-data-analyst-for-the-iispv-metabolomics-platform/)
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT THE CV 18/12/2022
As no application meets the requirements set out in the call for applications, the period for receipt of CVs has been extended until 18/12/2022.
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Metabolomics Platform spaces in Reus or Tarragona
- Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities
- Gross annual salary: 30.000 €
- Starting date: 01/01/2023