The Pere Virgili Institute for Health Research (IISPV) is an institution that integrates research in the field of biomedicine in the “Camp de Tarragona” and the “Terres de l’Ebre”. The IISPV is the instrument that the university hospitals of both health regions have been endowed with (Joan XXIII University Hospital of Tarragona, Verge de la Cinta Hospital of Tortosa, Sant Joan de Reus University Hospital, Institut Pere Mata University Hospital of Reus) and Rovira and Virgili University, in order to bring together and manage biomedical research and innovation in the territory.
The Diabetes and Metabolic Associated Diseases Research Group (DIAMET, www.diamet.org) led by Dr. Sonia Fernandez-Veledo (Biochemist) and Dr. Joan Vendrell (endocrinologist), is a dynamic and multidisciplinary translational research group located at the Hospital Universitary Joan XXIII (Tarragona, Spain). Our main objective is to study metabolic derangements associated with obesity, such as diabetes, NAFLD, and cardiovascular disease. The DIAMET group belongs to IISPV-URV, and is part of the CIBERDEM network of excellence (ISCIII). It also includes two consolidated research groups recognized by the Agency for Management of University Research Grants of the Generalitat de Catalunya (2021 SGR 01409, SGR 21/829).
This call is associated with the project la ”Caixa Foundation” with code HR20-00051, within the Research Group of the Dra. Sonia Fernandez and Dr. Joan Vendrell: “for the project SUCCINATE/SUCNR1 AXIS: A NOVEL TARGET FOR ANTI-OBESITYTHERAPIES. HR20-00051 Health Research 2020.”
Number of available positions:1
The selected candidate will join the METASUC project financed by ”la Caixa”
Foundation and will have to develop, mainly, these tasks:
• Planning, execution, and general management of the project.
• Design, planning and monitoring of both in vitro and animal (mice) assays.
• Writing of scientific documents and articles
• Research dissemination and diffusion
CANDIDATE PROFILE & REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s degree in biological sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, medicine (or similar) with a minimum grade of 8,5.
• Degree in biological sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, medicine (or similar) with a minimum grade of 7.
• Previous experience in a research International laboratory.
IT WILL BE VALUED
• Knowledge in bioinformatics, statistics.
• Strong motivation to pursue a scientific career, along with an analytical mind.
• Dedication, team spirit.
• Excellent English skills
• Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
• Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality.
• Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
• Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
• Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 10 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 35 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
• Personal interview. With a maximum score of 50 points.
Fit in the work place 15
Experience, developed functions/skills 25
• President: Sonia Fernández Veledo (Group Leader)
• Chair 1: Lidia Cedó. (Principal Investigator)
• Chair 2: Ana Madeira (Postdoctoral Researcher)
• President: Victòria Ceperuelo-Mallafré (Principal Investigator)
• Chair 1: Mar Rodríguez-Peña (Postdoctoral Researcher)
• Chair 2: Aleix Ribas (Postdoctoral Researcher)
• The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
• The academic record (including degree and master’s grade) must be attached to the CV.
• The CV (including the academic record) and the Cover Letter will only be accepted through the IISPV website. https://www.iispv.cat/treballa-amb-nosaltres/
For any questions or queries: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV – 14/10/2023
The IISPV will notify the candidates of the results of the different phases of the selection process through its website.
HR EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH
The IISPV has the European accreditation The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), complies with the general principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
The IISPV has an internal recruitment policy that follows the Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R) policies. More information about the HRS4R policies implemented at the IISPV is available on the following website: https://www.iispv.cat/hrs4r-hr-excellenceresearch/
The IISPV will guarantee the right to equal opportunities and treatment, as well as the real and effective exercise of rights by people with disabilities under equal conditions with respect to other citizens, through the promotion of personal autonomy, universal accessibility, access to employment, inclusion in the community and independent living and the eradication of any form of discrimination, in accordance with articles 9.2, 10, 14 and 49 of the Spanish Constitution and the International Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and international treaties and agreements ratified by Spain.
In the event of a tie, priority will be given to hiring the person with a disability.
In the event of a tie between people of different genders, the person of the least represented gender in the work group/department/service in which he joins will be hired.
• Full-time position
• Workplace: Hospital Universitari Joan XXIII de Tarragona
• Contract: Indefinite scientific-technical activities, associated to the project (1 year approximately)
• Gross annual salary: 18.000-21.000€ (according to the experience provided by the candidate)
• Starting date: 1st of November, 2023