The Lipid and Arteriosclerosis Research Unit was set up in 1985. The aim of the group is care and teaching and research activities for lipid metabolism disorders. It is a research group consolidated by the Generalitat de Catalunya, part of the CIBERDEM, the IISPV and the URV. The main lines of research are: Family Hypercholesterolemia; molecular basis of atherogenic dyslipidemia; genetics and epigenetics of lipid disorders.
Number of available positions:1
The selected candidate will provide support to clinical trials and will perform the following tasks:
• Biological sample handleling: Blood centrifugation, separation, aliquoting, packaging and shipping.
• Coordination of participants and Medical team.
• High Education (CFGS) as Laboratory Technician or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrable experience in the lipoprotein and lipid laboratory.
• Experience in the following technics:
o Cell cultures.
o Mollecular biology
o Basic biochemical technics
o Lipoprotein ultracentrifugation
o Processing and shipping of clinical trial sampling.
IT WILL BE VALUED
Additionally to the above mentioned requirement, it will be valued :
• Participation in research projects and scientific publications and communication.
• Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
• Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
• Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Previous experience in human sample managing.
• Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality
• Carry out research under supervision
• Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline
• Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study
• Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision
• Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas
• Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
• Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 60 points.
• Cover Letter. With a maximum score of 10 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 50 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
• Personal interview. With a maximum score of 30 points.
Alignment with the position profile 6
Experience in similar positions 6
Experience in a lipid lab work 6
Personal attitude and relationship 6
• President: Lluís Masana. (Group Leader)
• Chair 1: Daiana Ibarretxe. (Principal Investigator)
• Chair 2: Cèlia rodríguez Borjabad. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
• President: Núria Plana. (Principal Investigator)
• Chair 1: Josep Ribalta. (Principal Investigator)
• Chair 2: Josefa Girona. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
• The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
• Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website. https://www.iispv.cat/en/oferta-de-treball/ic54_22-lipid-laboratory-technician/
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 21/09/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
• Part-time position (8h/week)
• Workplace: HUSJ de Reus / Facultat de Medicina de Reus
• Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities
• Gross annual salary: 4200 €
• Starting date: October 2022