IC47_23 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER FOR METABOLISM RESEARCH GROUP
Descripció del treball
The Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Diseases Research Group (DIAMET) is a multidisciplinary and dynamic research group focused on the study of metabolic disorders associated with diabetes mellitus morbidity and obesity. The research group is led by Dr. Sonia Fernandez-Veledo and Dr. Joan Vendrell and is comprised of clinical and basic researchers, technicians, and administrative support staff.
DIAMET opted to combine clinical research with animal experimentation to improve the translational nature of his research. This has been reflected not only in the increase in the quality of their publications (scientific impact) but in the innovative and transferable nature of their proposals, which has recently materialized in the creation of the Spin-off Succipro S.L (impact on society).
During this time we have implemented in their research the use of animal models of obesity, diabetes, fatty liver, and atherosclerosis (diet-induced models, transgenic mice such as db/db), and developed numerous transgenic models (global and deficient for the receptor of succinate SUCNR1 in specific cells). They have also developed animal models free of microbiota (through protocols based on the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics) and different therapeutic strategies based on the use of probiotics, among others. All these procedures have been carried out under the approval and supervision of the competent authority, first the ethics committee of the URV and later the ethics committee of the Generalitat, of the projects of animal experimentation drawn up to carry them out, ensuring animal and donor welfare thus compliance with RD 53/2013.
Number of available positions:1
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Guide the group’s researchers on the best options, resources, and tools available in animal models of metabolic diseases.
- Help with the best experimental design in projects that combine clinical methodology and studies in vivo in animal models to ensure the use of the best disease model and ensure the success of the study.
- Advise on the application of the requirement of Replacement, Reduction, and Refinement (3Rs) and guarantee compliance by keeping researchers informed about technical advances and scientists in the application of this requirement.
- Process the approval of the corresponding Animal Experimentation Ethics Committees.
- Maintenance and management of transgenic colonies.
- Updating procedures.
- Technical support for other researchers.
- Training of researchers in the field of preclinical research.
- Advice on matters related to the welfare of animals (acquisition, accommodation, care, and use)
CANDIDATE PROFILE & REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Veterinary
- The researcher must have a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in a discipline related to Life Sciences
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrable experience in animal procedures and strong knowledge of animal welfare regulations and ethical and humane use of animals for research purposes.
- Demonstrated experience in performing animal work following current animal welfare regulations. Experience in experimental design, conducting animal studies, data analysis, and report writing to meet GLP standards.
- Experience in preparing and submitting ethics applications for the use of animals for research purposes.
- Experience documenting and implementing compliant processes for animal management ensuring all data is recorded, stored, and reported to stakeholders within required timeframes.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills, task-orientated with a solutions-focused approach.
IT WILL BE VALUED
- The ability for personal relationships.
- Organizational skills.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative, and proactive attitude.
- Ability for continuous learning, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, optimization of resources, and achievement of results.
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Ability to identify and solve problems and challenges.
- Previous experience in animal procedures.
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CVs will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the workplace
|Experience, developed functions/skills
▪ President: Sonia Fernández Veledo. (Group Leader)
▪ Chair 1: Joan Vendrell. (Group Leader)
▪ Chair 2: Victòria Ceperuelo. (Principal Investigator)
▪ President: Ana Megía. (Principal Investigator)
▪ Chair 1: Lídia Cedó. (Principal Investigator)
▪ Chair 2: Ana Madeira (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website. (https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic47_23-postdoctoral-researcher-for-metabolism-research-group/)
For any questions or queries: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 25/05/2023
The IISPV will notify the candidates of the results of the different phases of the selection process through its website.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Hospital Universitari Joan XXIII de Tarragona / Facultat de Medicina de Reus
- Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities
- Gross annual salary: 28.000-32.000 € (according to candidate’s experience)
- Starting date: June 2023