IC41_22 LABORATORY SUPPORT TECHNICIAN FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH UNIT
Descripció del treball
The Biomedical Research Unit (BRU) belongs to the Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV) and the Rovira i Virgili University. It is focused on basic and clinical research related to non-communicable and metabolic diseases like extreme obesity, non-alcoholic fatty liver, cardiovascular, and cancer diseases. Research lines are involved in the study of metabolic alterations through multi-omic analysis.
The selected candidate will join the PL4NASH project financed by “la Caixa” Foundation and will have to perform the following tasks:
- Sample handling and waste management.
- Sample (blood and tissues) processing and preparation for omic science analysis.
- DNA extraction through blood leukocytes.
- Histology analysis by staining.
- Stock inventory.
- Data management and logging.
- University degree in the field of Biology or Biochemistry.
- The candidate must be applied or with the intention to apply for a Master’s degree in Biomedicine, Metabolism, or Bioinformatics.
- Experience as a laboratory technician in industry or Biobank.
- Competence and experience with human sample processing.
- Experience in organization and storage of samples for preservation and transport.
- Experience in DNA extraction and quantification from human leukocytes.
- Minimum demonstrable experience of 1 year as a laboratory technician.
- Data management and logging.
- Experience working with R statistics or Python.
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, initiative, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsibility, and confidentiality
- Intention to apply for a Master’s degree in bioinformatics, metabolism, or biomedicine.
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Previous experience working as a technician in industry and/or Biobank.
- Motivation, creativity, and proactive attitude.
- Capacity for continuous learning, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimise resources, and to achieve results.
- Knowledge of human biology.
- Advanced proficiency in computer applications.
- Planning and monitoring of protocols and experimental design.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CV’s up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase, it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the workplace
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Jorge Joven Maried. (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Jordi Camps Andreu. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Isabel Fort Gallifa. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- President: Meritxell Arenas Prat. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 1: Anna Hernández Aguilera. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- Chair 2: Salvador Fernández Arroyo. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic41_22-laboratorysupport-technician-for-biomedical-research-unit/
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THE CV 22/08/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Type of working day: part-time (25 hours per week)
- Physical place of work: Old Hospital Sant Joan in Reus
- Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities (art. 23 bis de la Ley de la Ciencia)
- Gross anual salary: 9.375 €
- Starting date: October 2022