IC39_23 PRE-DOCTORAL IN THE FIELD OF NUTRITION, METABOLISM AND ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE/DEMENTIA.
Descripció del treball
Researcher career profile (R1)
Our renowned research group in Nutrition and Metabolic Health (NuMeH) is a multidisciplinary, dynamic and translational group in human and animal research, focused on the study of nutrition and other lifestyle factors and their associations with chronic metabolic disorders, like Alzheimer’s disease, obesity, diabetes, etc. We also aim to identify mechanisms linking nutrition to disorders through integration of high-resolution omics data. Our group is part of the Pere i Virgili Health research institute (IISPV) and University Rovira i Virgili, and is ascribed to TECNATOX, a center of innovation and transfer tecnology and to the CIBER, a national network of excellence in research, with strong collaborations with other national and International research groups.
The NuMeH and the Grup de Neurociència Clínica i Epidemiològica (NeuroÈpia) (led by Dr. Jordi Julvez) are currently looking for a pre-doctoral student interested in the field of nutrition, metabolism and Alzheimer’s disease/dementia. If you have a Biomedical Science-related Degree (degree mark of at least 8.0), this job opportunity is for you!
This work was supported by a grant form the Alzheimer’s Association (23AARG-NTF-1027318)
Number of available positions:1
The main task of the PhD student is to work on the above-described research field. This will be deeply orientated in statistical and epidemiological methods. The work mainly includes planning and performing statistical analyses and writing scientific articles within the planned doctoral studies, but other undertakings within the research group and involvement in other research studies may also take place.
CANDIDATE PROFILE & REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in nutrition, biomedicine, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related fields or being enrolled in a Master degree on nutrition and metabolism, epidemiology, biostatistics or related disciplines is desirable (degree mark of at least 8.0).
- The candidate must be admitted to a doctoral program at the time of starting the contract
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Additional training or experience related to the field of biostatistics, epidemiology, or related disciplines.
- Competence and experience with quantitative research and statistics.
- Speaking and writen english skills (minimun level B2 or similar).
- Knowledge of office automation (Microsoft Office) especially Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access/Outlook, advanced level, and major statistical software packages (SPSS, STATA, R).
- Minimun 1 year demonstrable experience in statistical analysis of epidemiological data.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition, metabolism, quantitative research methods and statistics.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Applications and analytic tools used in data analysis.
- Publications, posters, congress attendances.
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Previous experience in data analysis.
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality
- Carry out research under supervision
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
- Develops integrated language, communication and environment skills, especially in an international context
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Mònica Bulló. (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Christopher Papandreou. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Jordi Julvez. (Group Leader)
- President: Victoria Arija (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Jaume Folch. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Francesc Sureda. (Principal Investigator)
- The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website. https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic39_23-pre-doctoral-in-the-field-of-nutrition-metabolism-and-alzheimers-disease-dementia/
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 26/03/2023
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus/Facultat de Medicina de Reus
- Contract: 3 years (linked to the duration of the project)
- Gross annual salary: 17.651,68€ approximately (segun convenio del personal investigador en formación.)