IC35_22 PRE-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER FOR THE RETINAREADRISK PROJECT (DIABETIC RETINOPATHY RISK ASSESSMENT USING IMAGE-BASED DEEPLEARNING AND CLINICAL VARIABLES) COFINANCED BY EITHEALTH (220718)
Descripció del treball
The Ophthalmic Research Group -Retiprogram- is functionally attached to the Department of Ophthalmology of Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus and the Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV) and in close relationship with other research groups, such as the ITAKA (Intelligent Technologies for Advanced Knowledge Acquisition) and DIAMET (Diabetes and metabolic associated diseases).
The selected candidate will develop a PhD under the supervision of the Retiprogram and ITAKA research groups, performing the following tasks:
- Developing and testing the cell phone adaptor, analyzing the device used to obtain the retinal imaging.
- Validation of the cell phone adaptor, obtaining and processing retinal imaging.
- Improving the performance of the RetinaReadRisk platform to improve their sensitivity and specificity, better assess the risk of disease progression, and consider images from the fundus cameras available in the validation settings.
- Coordinating with the ITAKA team to work in the algorithm to analyze the retinal imaging.
- Coordinating with other partners of the project to ensure the correct execution.
- Studying and processing the results obtained.
- Bachelor’s degree of Biomedical Engineering
- To have a University Master’s Degree in Nanosciences in October 2022 and to be admitted in the Biomedicine doctoral programme before signing the contract.
- Competence and experience with neurophysiology.
- Speaking and written English skills (accredited minimum level B1).
- Knowledge of office automation (Microsoft Office).
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Develops integrated language, communication and environment skills, especially in an international context
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality
- Carry out research under supervision;
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline;
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study;
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision;
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Pere Romero (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Esther Santos Blanco (Collaborator)
- Chair 2: Julian Cristiano (Collaborator)
- President: Domènec Puig Valls (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Marc Baget (Collaborator)
- Chair 2: Ángel Bautista (Collaborator)
- The CV must include the number in DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website (https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic34_22-predoctoral-researcher-for-the-retinareadrisk-projectdiabetic-retinopathy-risk-assessment-using-image-baseddeeplearning-and-clinical-variables-cofinanced-byeithealth-220718/)
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 16/08/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Hospital Universitari Sant Joan (HUSJ), Reus
- Contract: temporary
- Gross annual salary: 16.971,61 € (according to The Statute of Research Staff in Training)
- Starting date: October 2022