IC04_22 TECHNICIAN IN METABOLOMICS APPLIED TO ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Descripció del treball
Researcher career profile (R1)
The Metabolomics Interdisciplinary Laboratory (MIL@b) research group belongs to the Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV) and the Department of Electronic, Electrical and Automatic Engineering of the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) and it is aimed to advance scientific and technological knowledge in metabolomics. This science is devoted to the global study of the low molecular weight chemical compounds found in the biofluids and tissues of living organisms.
MIL@b is a multidisciplinary research group formed by chemists, biologists, biochemists and engineers (telecommunications, computer science, biomedical, etc.), which has had the support and funding of the Generalitat de Catalunya in the latest AGAUR calls (SGR2009, SGR2014 and SGR2017). We have access to state-of-the-art Mass Spectrometry and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance instrumentation at the Centre for Omic Sciences (COS) and at the Servei de Recursos Científics i Tècnics (SRCiT) of the URV.
We offer a full-time contract in the benchmark of the research line “Early exposure to atmospheric contaminants in childhood health”, funded by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III and Co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund . The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Sampling handling, sample reception and preprocessing.
- Application of metabolomics-style analytical approaches for the characterization of atmospheric pollutants.
- Metabolomics analysis of biological samples.
- Analytical results processing and interpretation.
- Writing of scientific reports.
- Participation in social engagement and outreach activities.
Number of available positions:1
- Degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related studies.
- Targeted, untargeted and suspect screening analysis
- Gas and Liquid chromatography coupled to high resolution mass spectometry
- Biological and environmental sample preparation
- Knowledge of R programming
- Excellent writen English skills
- Team working and Motivation for the proposed research topic
- Carry out research under supervision;
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline;
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study;
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision;
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter.
- Personal interview (interview). With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Noelia Ramírez González (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 1: Maria Vinaixa Crevillent. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Maria García Altares (Senior Researcher)
- President: Xavier Correig Blanchar (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Raquel Cumeras Olmeda (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- Chair 2: Pineda Molas Porqueras (Technical staff)
- The CV must include the number of DNI / NIE or personal identity document.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website.
For any questions or queries: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 21/02/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Department of Electronic Engineering Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- Contract: 1 year
- Group: Group 6
- Gross annual salary: 15.460,03€
- Starting date: March, 2022