IC25_23 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW FOR THE SPRINT PROJECT
Descripció del treball
Researcher career profile (R3)
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 862568”.
The Centre of Environmental, Food and Toxicological Technology (TecnATox), at the School of Medicine and Health Sciences (Reus, Tarragona), belongs to the Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV). TecnATox develops, executes and coordinates toxicological research in the area of environmental and human health, with special emphasis on risk assessment.
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks, all of them within the SPRINT project:
- Literature review about the accumulation of plant protection products (PPPs) in ecosystems, plants, animals, and humans, as well as their adverse health effects.
- Validation of analytical results from the chemical determination of PPPs in urine and other biological matrices by means of last-generation mass spectrometry techniques.
- Validation of human exposure estimates to PPPs.
- Degree in chemistry, food technology, geography or environmental sciences.
- The researcher must hold a Doctorate degree (PhD) in analytical chemistry or environmental sciences.
- Additional training related to the field: chemical analysis and statistics.
- Competence and experience with chemical analysis and human health risk assessment
- Speaking and written English skills (minimum level B2 or similar)
- Knowledge of office automation (Microsoft Office) and databases management;
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience in analytical chemistry and health risk assessment.
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigor, responsibility and confidentiality
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
- Has demonstrated a systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of research associated with that field;
- Demonstrates critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Takes ownership for and manages own career progression, sets realistic and achievable career goals, identifies and develops ways to improve employability;
- Has an established reputation based on research excellence in their field.
- Makes a positive contribution to the development of knowledge, research and development through co-operations and collaborations.
- Identifies appropriate research methodologies and approaches.
- Conducts research independently which advances a research agenda.
- Can take the lead in executing collaborative research projects in cooperation with colleagues and project partners.
- Publishes papers as lead author, organizes workshop or conference sessions.
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Knowledge of organic chemistry and food toxicology.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Advanced skills in exposure assessment and human health risks.
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Demonstrable experience in research, including the involvement in national and international large research projects.
- Publication of scientific articles in high impact-factor journals.
- Attendance to international scientific conferences and workshops.
- Development of integrated language, communication and environment skills, especially in an international context.
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 60 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 45 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum.
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 20 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: José L. Domingo. (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Martí Nadal. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Neus González. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- Chair 3: Pilar Prada. (Personnel Department-Technical Office)
- President: Marta Schuhmacher. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 1: Margarita Torrente. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Joaquim Rovira. (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- Chair 3: Montse Mari. (Personnel Department-Technical Office)
- The CV must include the DNI/NIE number or another personal identity document number.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website. https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic25_23-postdoctoral-research-fellow-for-the-sprint-project/
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 09/02/2023
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (Reus)
- Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities (the project tasks will last 1 month)
- Gross monthly salary: 3.700€
- Starting date: 1st March 2023