IC61_22 GRADUATED IN THE FIELD OF DIETETICS AND NUTRITION FOR THE INSTITUTO CARLOS III HEALTH RESEARCH PROJECT “NEW ENERGY-SENSING METABOLITES: BENEFICIAL EFFECTS ON METABOLIC HEALTH IN OBESITY COMPARIN DIARY CALORIC RESTRICTION VS INTERMITTENT FASTING. A RANDOMIZED CROSS-OVER STUDY” (PI20/00338).
We are looking for candidates to join the research group “Diamet” (www.diamet.org) of the Pere Virgili Health Research Institute (www.iispv.cat), Joan XXIII University Hospital (https://icscampdetarragona.cat/web/index.php/hospital-joan-xxiii/?lang=es) and the Rovira i Virgili University (www.urv.cat).
Number of available positions:1
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
The candidate will participate in a research project focused on gestation and will collaborate in patient recruitment and follow-up, the mother and offspring, including neonates, clinical and anthropometric evaluation, including food frequency and physical activity questionnaires, and taking thermic images, collecting and processing biological samples, data management and statistical analysis, in the writing of results in scientific articles and in their dissemination.
- Degree in the field of dietetics and nutrition
- Competence and experience with anthropometry, creating databases and analysing
- Ability to deal with human subjects, especially pregnant women, newborns and infants, collecting clinical and biochemical data, and performing thermography images and anthropometric evaluation.
- Have conducted physical activity and food frequency questionnaires, interview for data collection and signature of informed consent, and follow-up during gestation and postpartum.
- Speaking and writen english skills (minimun level B2)
- Knowledge of office automation (Microsoft Office) and statitics software, especially SPSS.
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Knowledge of dietetics and clinical nutrition, physical activity and food frequency questionnaires.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Experience will be valued positively in research studies focused on gestation
- Advanced skills in clinical nutrition
- Applications and analytic tools used in research data analysis
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Previous experience in bioelectric impedance analysis
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality
- Carry out research under supervision
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
- Develops integrated language, communication and environment skills, especially in an international context
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 30 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 35 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 30 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Ana Megia. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 1: Monica Ballesteros (Co-Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Núria Taltavull. (Clinical Investigator)
- President: Joan Vendrell. (Research Group Leeder)
- Chair 1: Albert Guarque. (Clinical Investigator)
- Chair 2: Montse Inglés. (Clinical Investigator)
For any questions or queries: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 08/11/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Hospital Universitari Joan XXIII de Tarragona
- Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities (approximate duration of 8 months, linked to the funding of the project)
- Gross annual salary: 24.500 €
- Starting date: 1st January 2023