The Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV) has fulfilled its commitment to ensure accessibility to its website by collecting all the recommendations given by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and other international organizations. The goal has been to create a website that works best for everyone and works on any Internet access device. Our website is also accessible from the point of view of ease of use, as it has been modified to be easy to use by as many people as possible, following their experience, context and capabilities, with an easy design. and an efficient and clear structure. The IISPV website finds in most of its contents the AA level accessibility guidelines defined by the WAI standards, extended in some points and additional recommendations to improve its accessibility.
You can increase the default text size you see on this website in any modern browser as follows:
- Firefox: Click the “View” menu, select the “Text Size” option, then choose “Zoom In.” Following the same steps and choosing the “Reset” option will return you to the default text size.
- Opera: Click on the “View” menu and choose “Scale”. This option is able to increase or decrease the page size in both 10% and 150% or 200% portions. Choose 100% to see the default text size again.
- Safari: Click the “View” menu and choose the “Enlarge text” option. To return to the default text size, select the “Make text smaller” option.
- Internet Explorer: Click the “View” menu, choose the “Text Size” option, and then choose “Larger.” The “Average” option resets the text to the default size.
Other navigation aids
- Text descriptions of the contents of those images that need textual explanation because it fulfills some kind of functionality.
- The XHTML standard is complied with, making it easy to view correctly in different browsers.
- Positioning the content using css and without tables. In this way, screen readers for the visually impaired and the blind read the document in a logical way.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 1.0, published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the (W3C), has been followed.
- Font size and colors can be modified with the browser tools to suit visually impaired people, we have put a style sheet at your disposal to make printing more user-friendly.
Improving accessibility should be an ongoing process, to continue with this improvement we invite you to send us your suggestions to help us improve the website, you can do so through our form Contact.