IC59_22 CALL FOR A FELLOWSHIP IN: “TEXT MINING AND CAUSAL RELATIONS”￼
Descripción del trabajo
The TECNATOX Centro de Tecnología Ambiental, Alimentaria y Toxicológica – Salud y Medio Ambiente – belongs to the Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV):
The TECNATOX is in close relationship with the ITAKA (Intelligent Technologies for Advanced Knowledge Acquisition) that belongs to the University Rovira i Virgili (URV).
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Implement a text mining tool to parse sentences, including portien names and chemical compounds from biochemical literature.
- Use relation sentences and keywords co-occurrences with protein names to extract information from PubMed abstracts.
- Next, automatically extract the relations by matching the sentence with a set of specific patterns and rules.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar.
- The candidate must be a student in the Doctoral Programme of Computer Science and Mathematics of Security of the URV.
- Competence and experience with Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality.
- Carry out research under supervision.
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline.
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study.
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision.
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Speaking and writen english skills.
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Develops integrated language, communication and environment skills, especially in an international context.
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 50 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 10 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 30 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter.
- Personal interview (interview). With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Domènec Puig (Group Leader, catedràtic d’universitat)
- Chair 1: Julián Cristiano (Senior Researcher)
- Chair 2: Blas Herrera (professor titular d’universitat)
- President: Pere Romero (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Aida Valls (professor titular d’universitat)
- Chair 2: Mohamed Abdel-Nasser (Postdoctoral Researcher)
- The CV must include the number in DNI / NIE or personal identity document.
- Send the CV and the Cover Letter through the IISPV website. https://www.iispv.cat/oferta-de-treball/ic59_22-call-for-a-fellowship-in-text-mining-and-causal-relations%ef%bf%bc/
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CV 31/10/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (37.5 h/week)
- Workplace: University Rovira i Virgili
- Fellowship duration: 9 months
- Gross annual salary:956,28 €
Starting date: November 2022