IC56_22 POST-DOCTORAL RESERACHER IN NUTRITION, METABOLISM AND HUMAN HEALTH
Descripción del trabajo
The (Unitat/Grup de recerca) Nutrition and Metabolic Health (NuMeH) belongs to the Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV):
- Manage research in nutrition and human health
- Develop, execute and coordinate epidemiologic studies, human clinical trials and in vivo and in vitro experimental studies
- Also takes part in transfer technology activities and projects
The NuMeH is functionally attached to the IISPV and in close relationship with the others units on the institute
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate laboratory tasks on biochemical and molecular research
- Organise tasks in nutritional studies
- Data analyses and manuscript preparation
- Degree in Nutrition.
- The researcher must have a Master preferebly in Nutrigenomics and personalized nutrition, Epidemiology or similar.
- The researcher must have a Doctorate degree (PhD) in Nutrition and Metabolism, Biomedicine or similar.
- Additional training related to the field of animal experimentation, or similar, and nutritional treatment of patients.
- Competence and experience in consultations and follow-up of patients of all ages, especially in nutritional evaluation and education, carrying out food frequency and elaboration of nutritional guidelines.
- Knowledge of office automation (Microsoft Office) especially in Excel, SPSS and Metaboanalyst, advanced level.
- Minimun 3 years demonstrable experience in human and animal studies.
- Competence and experience with omics techniques and analyses. Experience will be valued positively in metabolomics.
- Teamworking, ability to work independently, to organize, kindness, dynamism, versatility, rigour, responsability and confidentiality
- Carry out research under supervision;
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline;
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study;
- Have demonstrated the ability to produce data under supervision;
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Be able to explain the outcome of research (and value thereof) to research colleagues
- Has demonstrated a systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of research associated with that field;
- Has demonstrated the ability to conceive, design, implement and adapt a substantial programme of research with integrity;
- Has made a contribution through original research that extends the frontier of knowledge by developing a substantial body of work, innovation or application. This could merit national or international refereed publication or patent;
- Demonstrates critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- Can communicate with their peers peers – be able to explain the outcome of their research (and value thereof) to the research community
- Takes ownership for and manages own career progression, sets realistic and achievable career goals, identifies and develops ways to improve employability;
- Co-authors papers at workshop and conferences
IT WILL BE VALUED
- Speaking and writen english skills. Knowledge in other lenguajes will be valued positively. Interview will be done in English
- At least one experimentation stay and/or one study stay abroad.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques: RT-PCR, biochemical parameters, RNA/DNA extraction, etc. Knowledge in other laboratory techniques will be valued positively.
- Have 5 or more published articles, and at least one as the first author in high impact journals.
- Participation in at least one international congress
- Additional training in fatty acid profile analysis
- Motivation, creativity, initiative and proactive attitude.
- Ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to quality, to optimizing resources and to achieving results.
- Previous experience in similar projects.
- Advanced knowledge of internet and new trends of communications
- Knowledge of project and task planning tools.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Previous experience in scientific dissemination and teaching.
- Develops integrated language, communication and environment skills, especially in an international context
- Understands the agenda of industry and other related employment sectors
- Understands the value of their research work in the context of products and services from industry and other related employment sectors
- Can communicate with the wider community, and with society generally, about their areas of expertise
- Can be expected to promote, within professional contexts, technological, social or cultural advancement in a knowledge based society
- Can mentor First Stage Researchers, helping them to be more effective and successful in their R&D trajectory.
- Selection of CV’s. Suitable and unsuitable CV’s will be identified according to the requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements indicated in the candidate profile and requirements will not pass to the next phase.
- Evaluation of the CV. Evaluation of the CVs up to a maximum score of 40 points.
- Cover Letter. Attach to the resume a cover letter with a maximum length of 2500 characters with spaces. With a maximum score of 20 points.
To access the interview phase it is necessary to have obtained a minimum score of 40 points in the sum of scores of the evaluation of the curriculum and cover letter
- Personal interview. With a maximum score of 40 points.
|Fit in the work place
|Experience, developed functions/skills
- President: Mònica Bulló. (Group Leader)
- Chair 1: Jaume Folch. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Francesc Sureda. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 3: Victoria Arija. (Principal Investigator)
- President: Begoña Muguerza. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 1: Miquel Mulero. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 2: Christopher Papandreou. (Principal Investigator)
- Chair 3: Vikas Kumar. (Principal Investigator)
For any questions or queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT THE CV 27/09/2022
The IISPV will inform the candidates if they have been admitted or excluded to access the interview.
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Workplace: Facultat de Medicina de Reus
- Contract: Indefinite of scientific-technical activities
- Group: NUMEH
- Gross annual salary: 21.500,00 €
- Starting date: October 2022