1. FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH AND PHYSIOPATHOLOGY OF DISEASES OF THE NEUROMUSCULAR SYSTEM: Projects aimed at increasing our comprehension of:
– Molecular, cellular, physiological and pathological mechanisms, involving the structure and function of the skeletal muscle, the motor neuron, the neuromuscular junction, aging and degeneration / regeneration in the context of neuromuscular diseases.
– Physiopathology of smooth muscle in relation to neuromuscular diseases.
– Differentiation of adult, embryonic and iPS stem cells specifically into skeletal muscle or motor neurons (in physiological and pathological conditions).
– Genetic/epigenetic regulation of genes (i.e. miRNA), and characterization of gene regulation networks within the neuromuscular system.
2. DEVELOPMENT OF THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES FOR RARE DISEASES
i. Gene and/or cell therapy for rare disorders: gene transfer and correction, genetically modified cells, delivery strategies and control of the immune response.
ii. Strategies for modifying gene expression (gene and RNA level): based on gene transfer, chemical molecules or biotherapies.
iii. Pharmacotherapies of clearly focused on neuromuscular diseases.
vi. Translational research – Tools for evaluation of treatments for neuromuscular diseases: patient databases for clinical trials; natural history of neuromuscular diseases; outcome measures (biomarkers); metabolomic biomarkers of pathologies and therapies; new cellular, tissue and animal models; translational networking of researchers, clinicians and industry professionals.
3. CLINICAL AND CARE MANAGEMENT: Clinical projects with the objective of improving the patient’s management and quality of life, and the knowledge of the disease and its progression; notably in the following domains:
– pneumology, cardiology, orthopedics, nutrition, urology, stomatology
– pain, as well as in the social and psychological domains
Special attention will be given to projects focusing on Biomarkers of neuromuscular diseases.
Types of financing:
• TRAMPOLINE GRANTS: support for investigators early in their professional career and/or early stage innovative projects. Amount: Maximum of € 50,000 for one year.
• RESEARCH PROJECTS for one year, renewable for a second year, and exceptionally for a third year.
• POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS for one year, renewable for a second year.
• PHD FELLOWSHIPS for one year, renewable for a second and third year. Not eligible: PhD students in a foreign laboratory.
Declaration of interest- Research- Development and Clinical Care: IISPV’s deadline: February 18, 2014 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Full proposal: IISPV’s deadline: February 28, 2014.
Declaration of interest PHD session: IISPV’s deadline: February 28, 2014 (email@example.com) Full proposal: IISPV’s deadline: April 23, 2014.
– 2nd session (Not open for PhD students): March 3rd, 2014 (Results expected Mid-July 2014)
– PhD session: April 30th, 2014 (Results expected in July 2014)
Omple el següent formulari per rebre més informació:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.