1. FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH AND PHYSIOPATHOLOGY OF DISEASES OF THE NEUROMUSCULAR SYSTEM: Projects aimed at increasing our comprehension of:
– Molecular, cellular, physiological and pathological mechanisms, involving the structure and function of the skeletal muscle, the motor neuron, the neuromuscular junction, aging and degeneration / regeneration in the context of neuromuscular diseases.
– Physiopathology of smooth muscle in relation to neuromuscular diseases.
– Differentiation of adult, embryonic and iPS stem cells specifically into skeletal muscle or motor neurons (in physiological and pathological conditions).
– Genetic/epigenetic regulation of genes (i.e. miRNA), and characterization of gene regulation networks within the neuromuscular system.
2. DEVELOPMENT OF THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES FOR RARE DISEASES
i. Gene and/or cell therapy for rare disorders: gene transfer and correction, genetically modified cells, delivery strategies and control of the immune response.
ii. Strategies for modifying gene expression (gene and RNA level): based on gene transfer, chemical molecules or biotherapies.
iii. Pharmacotherapies of clearly focused on neuromuscular diseases.
vi. Translational research – Tools for evaluation of treatments for neuromuscular diseases: patient databases for clinical trials; natural history of neuromuscular diseases; outcome measures (biomarkers); metabolomic biomarkers of pathologies and therapies; new cellular, tissue and animal models; translational networking of researchers, clinicians and industry professionals.
3. CLINICAL AND CARE MANAGEMENT: Clinical projects with the objective of improving the patient’s management and quality of life, and the knowledge of the disease and its progression; notably in the following domains:
– pneumology, cardiology, orthopedics, nutrition, urology, stomatology
– pain, as well as in the social and psychological domains
Special attention will be given to projects focusing on Biomarkers of neuromuscular diseases.
Types of financing:
• TRAMPOLINE GRANTS: support for investigators early in their professional career and/or early stage innovative projects. Amount: Maximum of € 50,000 for one year.
• RESEARCH PROJECTS for one year, renewable for a second year, and exceptionally for a third year.
• POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS for one year, renewable for a second year.
• PHD FELLOWSHIPS for one year, renewable for a second and third year. Not eligible: PhD students in a foreign laboratory.
Declaration of interest- Research- Development and Clinical Care: IISPV’s deadline: February 18, 2014 (firstname.lastname@example.org) Full proposal: IISPV’s deadline: February 28, 2014.
Declaration of interest PHD session: IISPV’s deadline: February 28, 2014 (email@example.com) Full proposal: IISPV’s deadline: April 23, 2014.
– 2nd session (Not open for PhD students): March 3rd, 2014 (Results expected Mid-July 2014)
– PhD session: April 30th, 2014 (Results expected in July 2014)
Omple el següent formulari per rebre més informació: