a. Topics: Considering the BCRP’s vision to end breast cancer, each application must address at least one of the following overarching challenges:
1. Eliminate the mortality associated with metastatic breast cancer
2. Prevent breast cancer (primary prevention)
3. Distinguish aggressive breast cancer from indolent cancers; overcome the problems of overdiagnosis and overtreatment
4. Revolutionize treatment regimens by replacing drugs that have life-threatening toxicities with safe, effective interventions
5. Identify what drives breast cancer growth and metastasis; identify why some breast cancers become life-threatening metastases
6. Identify what makes the breast susceptible to cancer development
7.Determine why some, but not all, women get breast cancer
8.Determine why/how breast cancer cells lay dormant for years and then re-emerge (recurrence); determine how to el iminate dormant cells early
b. Funding Levels: The following are general descriptions, although not all-inclusive, of the scope of research projects that would be appropriate to propose under each funding level:
1. Funding Level 1: Innovative, high-risk/high-reward research that is in the earliest stages of idea development. Research with potential to yield new avenues of investigation. Proof of concept. No preliminary data required.
2. Funding Level 2: Research that is already supported by preliminary data and has potential to make significant advancements toward translation from the laboratory to the clinic. Demonstration of efficacy in in vivo models or clinical research studies, as applicable.
c. Budget and duration: Applications with a single PI or Partnering PI Option have the same funding limits:
1. Funding Level 1: The maximum period of performance is 3 years. The maximum allowable direct costs for the entire period of performance are $350,000 plus indirect costs.
2. Funding Level 2: The maximum period of performance is 3 years. The maximum allowable direct costs for the entire period of performance are $700,000 plus indirect costs.
Cal comunicar abans del 15 de setembre de 2013 que es vol participar a la convocatòria, enviant un e-mail a firstname.lastname@example.org . Termini: 2 d’octubre de 2013. L’IISPV gestiona les ajudes dels seus investigadors, no és l’entitat convocant.
Pre-Application Submission Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Eastern time (ET), October 8, 2013
Invitation to Submit an Application: November 2013
Application Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m. ET, January 15, 2014
Peer Review: March 2014
Programmatic Review: May 2014
Omple el següent formulari per rebre més informació:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.